Happy Monday Everyone!
The time has come for yet another quilt market. I am heading out this week and I am ready to sell some fabric….I just hope there are some people there who are actually there to buy fabric. You never know. I would have to say that this is probably around my 20th Quilt Market. Crazy!
Instead of writing a blog on just one subject this week, I am going to discuss some Bits N’ Pieces which are short commentaries. Thereafter, I will do a thorough review as to what Studioe Fabrics & The Blank Quilting Corp. have in store for this upcoming quilt market. I know this is my Studioe Fabrics blog, but I am also the President of The Blank Quilting Corp., so I would be remiss if I left them out. Henry Glass is another company of ours, but they have done a pretty thorough job of covering what they have in store for this quilt market already on their social media sites and blogs. So make sure to check that out.
Last week in my blog, I discussed the fact that I would be having a meeting with Karey, President of Quilts Inc., to discuss what could be done to improve the quilt market and make it great again. I made requests of my readers to provide some suggestions on how we could improve the quilt market. I would be glad to present these ideas to Karey, but I was pretty disappointed that I only got one email. The first time we were discussing changes to the quilt market way back when, I heard a lot more. So, if something is on your mind related to how quilt market could be made better, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As I mentioned above, I am also the President of The Blank Quilting Corp. With that, I felt it was important to let you know about a great contest that The Blank Quilting Corp. is having. The contest is called the American Honor Quilt Challenge. The basis for the contest is that there is a new fabric line called American Honor by Tana Mueller of Western Denim and Dirt. It is a very touching line in that it pays homage to America’s fallen heroes of war. We are selling the fabric by the yard as well as fat quarter bundles which do include the 24″ color panel (see above) too. The Blank Quilting Corp. will be at sample spree booths 36 and 37 and will be offering only the fat quarter bundles for the American Honor Quilt Challenge. Every shop that buys any of the American Honor fabric will receive a counter card to help them advertise the contest in their shop. Entrants can use any or all of the American Honor fabric to make a project to enter in to the contest. No other fabrics can be used though from any other company including Blank. There are many more details to the contest, so check out this blog with all the details about the rules and prizes or contact your sales rep for more information.
Next week there will be no Tales Of A Fourth Generation Textile Executive blog because I will be at the Quilt Market. I am sure that I will have a lot of new ammo to blog about after market, but I also wanted to take some time between now and the end of the year to rehash some of my favorite blogs from the past. If you have some favorite blogs, please comment and let me know which your favorites were and I will reconsider reprinting it too. Believe it or not, I have written over 125 blogs up to this point. How exhausting!
Ok, so here is the low down on the quilt market. First, I am going to provide you with the booth number details.
- Studioe Fabrics is at booth 1615 and that is the best place to find me. I will be showing the A.E. Nathan Co., Inc. products there too.
- The Blank Quilting Corp. is at booth 1619.
- Henry Glass Fabrics is at booth 1614.
- Fabric Editions is at booth 1616.
- Air-Lite (the Studioe Fabrics batting partner) will be located at booth 1621.
Next, I am going to fill you in on the Studioe Fabrics & The Blank Quilting Corp. sponsored schoolhouses. There will be free giveaways at all schoolhouses.
- From 2:30-2:45 in room 382a, Janice Pope of Anything But Boring (Studioe/Blank sales rep too) will be talking about Improving Your Customer’s Experience.
- From 3:10-3:40 in room 362a, Pepper Cory, esteemed author, quilter and Studioe Fabric licensor will speak about Peppered Cottons, More Than Just Quilts! Come check out some great apparel ideas to be incorporated with Pepper’s shot cotton line of Peppered Cottons.
- From 3:45-4:15 in room 362f, Tana Mueller Of Western Denim & Dirt, a key licensor for The Blank Quilting Corp. will speak In Honor Of American Soldiers. Here she will discuss the fabric line that is the basis for the contest discussed earlier on in this blog.
- From 4:20-4:50 in room 362f, Janice Pope will discuss Secrets From Selvedge To Selvedge.
That about sums it up for this week. If you are heading to Houston, I would welcome the opportunity to see you even if it is just to say hello. So don’t be afraid to just stop by and say “Hey Scott!” Safe travels!
Until next time,